Charged With A DWI? Here’s Why You Should Hire An Attorney
If you were arrested for drunk driving or driving under the influence of any controlled substance, you might ask yourself if an attorney will be of assistance to get the charges lowered or dismissed completely. Even though hiring an attorney is not an assurance of getting out of a DWI, it does vastly improve your chances.
Here are 5 reasons why you should hire an attorney:
1. Although New Jersey law does not offer you any plea bargain possibilities, it does have one of the nation’s largest rates of effective defenses against DWI offenses.
2. Prosecutors often believe that it is more difficult to prosecute a drunk driving case if the defendant has hired an aggressive DWI attorney.
3. A good DWI attorney could help you work out a favorable sentence or avoid a conviction for multiple DWIs.
4. Drunk driving cases tend to be more complex than you think. Only an expert attorney who understands the system and the available defenses will be of assistance to reduce or dismiss the charges against you.
5. Attorneys understand how to collect the needed evidence to dismiss the charges against you. Without the appropriate evidence, it is extremely difficult to dismiss drunk driving charges.
If you happen to be dealing with a DWI charge, the Law Office of Mark A. Bernstein will work to protect your rights and increase your chances of winning your case . DWI attorney Mark Bernstein has more than 17 years of experience handling DWI cases, many of which have been dismissed or reduced. Contact our law office today at ( 609 ) 665-3338 for a free consultation.